What are the advantages of using structural plywood?
- It is an engineered wood panel with defined standardised structural properties.
- Structural plywood has an "A Bond Glueline" which is a permanent bond under hot, wet or cold conditions.
- A 12 mm sheet of structural plywood is light weight at approximately 18.5kg.
- Non-splitting qualities of structural plywood mean that it can be nailed or screwed within 1.5mm of the edge.
- Structrual plywood has chemical resistance, because plywood is non-corrosive.
- Due to the cross laminated strength of structural plywood, it resists impact and edge damage.
- Structural plywood is a versatile building material and does not require special tools or skills to work.
Engineered wood products are a high performance, consistent and reliable choice. Engineered wood products are an environmentally responsible choice. Everything from construction to materials handling applications to home projects.
With thanks to Boral Hancock Plywood